Wow! Is all I can say. Since Austin has been born in the middle of April until the end of the summer we have had 30 doctor
appointments or emergency room visits. The crazy thing is they were all necessary
appointment's not ones we could miss. Austin has had immunizations and well check up
appointment's. I had 2
appointment's after having Austin with the gynecologist and the rest well........

Dylan had surgery May 26
Th. He had a hernia. I had taken him to the doctor a couple of times this winter, telling the doctor something was wrong. He told me both times everything looked normal. We ended up taking Dylan in April to see a surgeon. Dr. Roberts looked at Dylan for 5 seconds and said, "he has a BIG hernia, I can see his intestines moving around in there." All went well!

About two weeks later Dylan was at the neighbors playing. Dylan's friend Daniel turned around, not knowing Dylan was standing there, swinging a shovel with a broken blade... Dylan ended up with eight stitches. If that was not enough Aaron and I went for a 4 mile run. Well I ran and Aaron rode his
scooter. At one point about half way I stopped, looked at Aaron and told him, "you need to do your helmet up, it won't keep you safe undone." Then we continued on. Going down hill Aaron hit a bump and wrecked. He split the top of his nose open. At the emergency room they said there was not much there besides the bone. So Aaron ended up with
steri strips and a bruised face. Which sadly I didn't get a picture. In August Dylan wrecked on his four wheeler and fractured his hand.

As Dylan was recovering from his hernia surgery grandma
Farnsworth sat with him. While I took John to have a minor surgery. John ended up in the emergency room a few weeks later for five hours due to complications. Then a few weeks after that he had a second infection from his surgery and went on
antibiotics once again. John was sleeping when he got home from his surgery. Preston is such a daddy's boy he could not wait to sit on dad's lap. Preston laid by John as he slept.

Emily and Olivia Wynn
sliding at the Christensen Family Reunion at
Simplot Park. June 18, 2011
Jacobie Peterson, Emily's
cousin. At Emily's 8
Th birthday party.Emily really wanted to have a party this year. This was her first birthday party to invite friends over, she was so excited.
Jacobie and Emily's brothers loved using the crutches.

Emily Broke her leg May 3, 2011. Emily was jumping on the
trampoline. She landed fine, but had locked her leg which caused pressure and she broke the top of her tibia bone. I had just left to go to
Walgreen's to pick up a
prescription. My mom called who thankful stayed at the house with the kids and did not go with me. She said, "Can you hear your daughter, (who was sobbing), you better hurry home." Emily went into shock and cried for one hour. I am so thankful my mom was there. She stayed the evening and helped with the kids, Austin was only two weeks old. She also made us dinner and calmed my nerves.
This is her leg wrapped the next day. You can see in her eyes she did not feel good. Emily was not suppose to use her crutches the first week. We carried her to the bath room and bed, the rest of the time she sat on the couch. Emily was put in a full leg cast on the 9Th. Once Emily got her cast on her dad so wonderful taught her how to go up and down the stairs. She eventually got really good at getting where she wanted to be. She wore the wrap for one week and the cast for six weeks.
Emily still has to see the orthopedic doctor. Her brake was right next to the growth plate. We are hoping she has no further problems with the way her leg grows.
When Emily got her cast off she still could not walk the first week. She had lost a lot of strength in the muscles in her leg. Through some tears and hard work she eventually got the hang of it! After a month or so her limp was gone and she got back to running and jump roping which she loves to do.

Preston LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to wear his shoes. First thing he does when he wakes up in the morning is puts his shoes on. He never wants to go with out shoes. August 8 we went to visit grandpa and grandma Farnsworth. My mom and I sat outside talking watching the kids. Austin needed his diaper changed. We went inside and has been in for about 15 minutes. Joseph came in and said, "grandma something is wrong with Preston's."
Aaron who had just earned his first aid merit badge suggested to grandma to put Preston's feet in cold water from the hose. It was eighty six degrees this day. Preston took off his shoes (totally out of character for him) and climbed on my parents metal slide. Aaron saw Preston screaming standing on the slide. Aaron told Preston a couple of times to get off the slide before Preston got down. Preston sobbed actually more like, screamed for two hours straight. I could not console him at all. He had second degree burns on the bottom of both feet. He kept saying his feet were hot.
We took Preston to the Doctor every three days to have his feet checked for two weeks. We had to wrap his feet twice a day for about three weeks. We put antibiotic cream on the burns then wrapped them in gauze. The first week each time Preston's feet were wrapped we had to soak them in water.
After we got home from Grandmas house that night. Preston said, "the doctor said I can not walk, but he did not say I could not jump. Can I go jump on the trampoline?" Preston did not walk for five days. His feet got big blisters and the whole bottom of his feet peeled. His feet healed well!
No comments:
Post a Comment